Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Every time I tell my mom something that has happened in my crazy life, she tells me "you should write a book!"  So instead I'm writing a blog.  I'm new at this so bear with me.  :)

First, let me introduce myself.  Hi, my name is Wendy.  :)  I'm a mother of 3, step-mom of 1, wife, daughter, sister, friend, ring-master, etc, etc.  Currently I'm a stay at home mom to my wonderful kids.  My husband is a truck driver who is gone most of the time, and my zoo consists of a 10 year old daughter, 4 year old son, my baby boy who is about to turn 2 (which is an issue I've yet to come to terms with, but we'll save that for anther post!), and our cat.  My step-son is 15 and lives most of the time with his mom on the other side of the country.

I say I'm "Wendy in the middle" because I feel like I think most moms feel.  I'm stuck in the middle of being mom and wife.  The real me is in there somewhere, but I feel like a short kid playing monkey in the middle.  I can't ever quite catch the ball.  Oh wait, I was the short kid in the middle...  Even in the world of mommy-hood, I'm in the middle.  I'm not quite mainstream, but I'm not completely crunchy.

So this is going to be my story.  Well, more likely, the story of what happens to a mom in the middle.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment