Friday, June 24, 2011

From the mouths of babes

Yesterday we had to make a trip to Wal-mart.  Generally, it's a place I avoid, but I needed a bunch of random things that I knew I could get in one stop if I went there.  And with the four and two year olds with me, one stop shopping is a bonus.  Well, you know how it is at Wal-mart.  You see all that human kind has to offer.  The good, the bad, the ugly, the I can't believe I'm really seeing that!  And have I mentioned that my two year old is very verbal.  The kid can talk in complete sentences and he just turned two.  (Amazing to me since my other 2 kids were late talkers.)

So we are walking down the isle and we see one of those people that should be on "People of Wal-mart".  This girl was probably in her twenties, was wearing all black, had her hair dyed jet black, and to top it all off she was wearing purple velvet cat ears.  Well, my youngest just watched her walk by with his eyes all wide.  I'm thinking, I know, I can't believe it either, kid.
baby: "Who's that mama?"
me: "I don't know, honey."
pause while he contemplates....
baby: "Big bad wolf?"
me: "No honey, it's not the big bad wolf." As I bite my lip so I don't die from laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment